Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Fire safety legislation for public buildings such as Hastoe Village Hall transfer a degree of responsibility to the hirer for fire safety when using the building.
You need to ensure you are:
- Familiar with the layout of the building and escape routes as indicated by the green ‘running’ man signs
- Familiar with the location of fire fighting equipment and associated notices at various points throughout the building and which inform you what to do in the event of a fire
- Ensure that any electrical or other equipment you may bring is safe
The conditions of Hire also makes specific reference to your responsibilities for Fire Safety.
- To hire Hastoe Village Hall or part thereof, the Hirer will be required to complete and sign the Hiring Agreement and pay any deposit and percentage of the hire fee due
- The Hirer shall read the Terms and Conditions of Hire in full and shall seek clarification from the Bookings Secretary if any of the conditions are not understood
- Hirers are required to pay a returnable Security Deposit against damage etc of up to £500, depending on the length of hire, plus the agreed Hire Fee.
- Half of the Hire Fee is payable when making the booking. The balance of the Hire Fee and the Security Deposit is to be paid four weeks before the event or at the time of booking if less than £100.
- The Security Deposit will be refunded within 28 days of the termination of the period of Hire provided that
- No damage or loss has been caused to the premises and/or contents
- No complaint is made to the Hall Management Committee (HVHMC) about noise or other disturbance during the Hire period
- There has been no other breach of the Standard Conditions of Hire as a result of the hiring. Hirers will be invoiced for the cost of any such damage or loss. Breach of the Standard Conditions of Hire may result in the Security Deposit being forfeit at the sole discretion of the HVHMC
- Cheques are to be made payable to The Hastoe Village Hall Trust